Saturday, December 06, 2008

Gingerbread Cookies

Last week I mixed up some gingerbread cookie dough, popped it into a ziplock bag and put it into the fridge to chill. Somehow I failed to either carve out the time or muster up the energy to actually roll and cut them until Wednesday afternoon. This batch of cookies is actually an army of snowmen and most are armed with candy canes. Hannah and I had fun giving them hats and faces.
Troy had been happy to eat unfrosted cookies Friday morning but when I started putting frosting on, he could hardly keep his eyes off them. I think he loves gingerbread as much as I do, if that is possible. Of course I let him eat a frosted cookie. He even took several home to share with his parents and brother. He was quite happy with that.
When Alysa came off the bus and found me working, she begged to frost some cookies of her own. She did eight very handsome snowmen and took them home when it was time to go. She is much more creative than me when it comes to decorations. We worked hard and now I have a wonderful collection of happy snowmen.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love gingerbread! Gingersnaps too. My squirrel buddy would eat one if you hand fed him like I had fed him chips. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you add to this post? Wasn't it shorter before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Bethany, I did do some editing. I also wanted to add the photo of Troy. It was just too cute to leave out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful! You are talented at baking and decorating them! I can just smell them baking, yum! I think they need to be featured in a magazine or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! How pretty the cookies look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi martha, I am sorry it has taken me so long to let you know how pleased i was to have you visit my blog. I have been reading your blog and enjoy the seeing pictures and hearing stories about your sweet family. The picture of your son looking at the cookies is a keeper. It would be fun to display it each year. All my little treasures live nine hours away. My two grandson's that live here are 11 and 17. My how quick they grow. Have a Merry Christmas and please stop by and visit me again some time. I have placed you on my favorites list. Dee

    ReplyDelete