Friday, December 19, 2008

A Little Blizzard

The sub-zero Minnesota temperatures from earlier this week have made their way east clashing with our warmer moist weather. The result? A nice little snowstorm. I would like to send a hearty "thank you" to Kristina, Kim, and my own dear son, Jim. It looks like we'll have a white Christmas afterall!
And how about a night time picture? It has been quite the day. I stayed inside other than taking Sofie out this morning. The girls got out of school an hour or so early but Alysa didn't get home until the regular time. Crazy to send kids to school with a storm like this coming... I baked banana bread and gingerbread men, made stew in my crockpot, and kept the fire burning. Church activities were cancelled too, so everyone stayed home tonight, watched Polar Express, and drank hot chocolate... "hot, hot!" I'm hoping I can get out of the driveway tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. You are very welcome! It looks like Christmas here too. We are suppossed to get another snow storm this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have snow then sun, and then snow, No I don't want your snow. I don't want my snow either. Ship it back to Kristina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun.... Polar Express and hot chocolate....

    I see snow way up on the tips of the mountains near us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like our evenings were similar, but we watched Miracle on 34th Street and ate popcorn. Hot chocolate sounds yummy!

    Did Lucas and Leta go home today?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hot chocolate and popcorn...crock pot stew, the wonderful warmth and smells of baking and cooking and the joy of laughter from the Teal's kitchen...mmmmmm...sounds like a last ing memory and something to look forward to ...LET IT SNOW!
    ps...I saw the Polar Express last year in 3D...it was fantastic..and stomach rolling at times...but fun..

    ReplyDelete