Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Happiest of Birthdays!

Happy birthday to the woman who was once this little girl! A lover of photography, nature, good food, the ocean, and of course her wonderful children and grandchildren! She has taught me much, laughed with me, encouraged me, and taken way too many pictures of me. I think she didn't quite know what to think when all of the sudden I was her daughter in law (it was kind of a surprise...) but here it is nearly 30 years later and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Gramanita, I wish the ocean was just a little bit closer so visiting would be easier. Maybe one day we'll actually make it to Nova Scotia. I wish you a big piece of cake and lots of laughter on this your day. I love you!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, happy birthday to the best grandmother EVER!!!
    We all love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God:

    The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her.
    Help her live her life to the fullest.
    Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations.
    Help her shine in the darkest places where it seems impossible to love.
    Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most,
    and let her know when she walks with you, she will always be safe.


    We Love you Gramanita, Happy Birthed Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. I hope she had a great birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture! Happy Birthday Gramanita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo!

    BTW, I love the new header. Is that you in the middle? Boy it sure looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all my kids minus Adam. Maybe I can get everybody at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you from me, too!

    ReplyDelete