Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st

November is now past and December is upon us. I am looking forward to some special Christmas programs and outings, some baking and candy making, and, of course, time spent with family. We have decided not to go all out with shopping this year, instead we are choosing to give to a mission of some kind. Why buy things we don't need when so many people are hurting? White elephant gifts will be hiding behind the wrapping paper this holiday season and we will be enjoying our time together without the pressure of choosing the perfect gift for everyone. I think it will be fun.

This afternoon I took Jasmine to the vet. She is not afraid of the vet like some dogs but is quite a pain in the neck when other dogs are nearby. I strategically scheduled her appointment when there would be fewer canines in the office. In spite of that she was plenty hyper and managed to pee on the floor twice. Jazz is healthy, has great looking teeth, and has gained three pounds since her last visit. She needed a rabies shot in order to renew her license, but is now good for another year providing I do not feed her any venison bones. We have been keeping a close eye on her when she goes outside and I removed the "missing dog" notice from the board at the vet's. I plan on keeping her around for a while.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on that gift thing. it's me in the kitchen and at the sewing machine this year. Santa's handy dandy little elf... Glad Jazz is healthy. Where did you get venison bones???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha ~~ We are doing really small Christmas this year present wise. Homemade things and your idea too.

    Jasmine looks nice against the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas gifts will be few here too. We have already discussed that with the boys and about giving to the needy instead. I thought I might hear a complaint or two, but I heard none!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy making? Do you melt and mold chocolates, or more in-depth stuff? Do tell! I am thinking of doing this sort of thing this year....but I am not sure how involved I want to get....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Della, last year Wanda (see above) posted her mother's toffee recipe. Not too difficult and very yummy. The only catch is you can't make it when it's raining outside. ;)

    ReplyDelete