Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunny Saturday, Soggy Sunday

Yesterday was a perfect first day of fall, or was it the last day of summer? Either way, it was perfect. The weather was bright and sunny, not too hot and not too cold. Hannah and I met up with Bethany and wandered around the Community Garage Sales down in Pultneyville. I bought a caned seat chair (I'm going to redo the seat) and an Indian blanket, a baby sleeper, some cards and a book (Beyond Doubt by Cornelius Plantinga Jr), and a bag of pears. (I spent as much on lunch as I did on garage sale items.) We did quite a bit of walking. I came home spent, hoping to recharge with a cup of coffee, but instead felt rather exhausted for the rest of the day. Today the weather is not quite what I would call perfect, but after enjoying several days of sunshine, it hardly feels right to complain about a little rain. It's a great afternoon to catch up on a little bit of sleep before heading off to the evening church service. We're having a guest speaker, a missionary to China. In preparation we ordered Chinese for lunch.

I was sitting out in my rocking chair yesterday afternoon, looking at my new book, when I noticed a Fedex truck driving down the orchard road. A curious sight... Aside from people picking apples and lots of trees, there is not much back there. I looked at James and wondered out loud why a Fedex truck would be driving back into the orchard. I'll probably never know.

4 comments:

  1. A care package for one of the Mexicans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A care package for all the Mexicans, Gloves! :) New batteries for the boom box? :(
    Glad you had a great few days. We sure enjoyed the visit to central Oregon. Sun, Cold but Sun. Friday back to clouds and today drizzle. God is good to us either way, the moister keeps our skin plumped?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about ordering Chinese for lunch! What a good idea! and a good excuse not to cook too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fed-Ex truck in the orchards??? That is interesting.

    That is a very good way to prepare for the message today by ordering Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete