Monday, September 15, 2008

The Apple Dumpling Gang

Fall is a new beginning; school starts again and the harvest season is in full swing. I look forward to a crisp feeling in the air, changing colors, and falling leaves. Pumpkins will show up on doorsteps and cornstalks will disappear from fields. As crates arrive in the orchards, apples will slowly disappear from the trees. We'll be busy baking pies and canning applesauce, raking leaves and stacking firewood on the back porch. Last October I enjoyed a day in the country with my sister, Priscilla. I'm hoping that this year she has time to escape one Saturday or Sunday. Maybe we can search out another bowl of Pumpkin Apple Soup and take Rachel along this time. My sisters and I don't often get away together and I can't recall the last time all three of us went out for the day. In fact, I'm not sure we've ever escaped together.

9 comments:

  1. Lol, yes you have, I have a picture of the three of you in Portland! It is funny, do you want me to blog it as fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I didn't remember we had been there together. How silly of me to have forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides our trip to Portland together, I don't think we have all gotten away. Lets do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Papa is learning blogging dos and don'ts. I never challenged him to 51 things. Maybe you should. He has deleted his previous posts and is starting over. :) He is trying to make nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Martha, you make me want to move in with your girls and spend the fall.... I can make a real good pie crust.

    Love your warm and comfy post. I just feel like I'm there.

    LOL:)Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the title I thought of one of my first favorite movies as a kid. I loved The Apple Dumpling Gang. And back then we saw it in the theater, there was no such thing as a VCR or DVD way back then.

    Where is the Portland picture posted? Do you know each other from somewhere other than the blog world?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, the "Portland" photo is posted on Gmj's blog right below the first post titled "The last page in Em's adventure". Gmj has a grand imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I hope you guys can have another day (or perhaps even a weekend!) this fall. I know my time with my sister is special.

    ReplyDelete