Monday, September 08, 2008

"Family" Reunion

Another picnic? This may have been the final picnic of the year. On Saturday we gathered at the park for a "family" reunion picnic. Anyone who has been a member of a church for any number of years will understand the family connection that is felt between fellow Christians. The former pastor of our previous church was in town and so we gathered together to show him and his family our love and appreciation. "Mamaaw" Conner was there too. She is Pastor's mother in law, a very sweet lady who welcomes each and every one with a hug, a smile, and a word of encouragement.
We had our picture taken with Pastor and his wife...

and took a few pictures of friends and their families...


We attended the Bible Baptist Church in Sodus for twelve years, made many friends, learned much, and grieved when God moved us on to another fellowship. I treasure the memories and love meeting up with the people we came to know and love. Many of us have moved on and so these moments are becoming few. One day we will all move on and meet together again for that Great Reunion Supper on the Other Side. I'm looking forward to it and hoping to meet you all there too.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, we didn't even know about it! Guess we're out of the loop. Glad you got see everyone to celebrate a happy occasion, and not a sad one(like a funeral.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, we are mostly out of the loop too. I happened to get an email from Ann Beaver otherwise we wouldn't have known either. We'll have to have our own picnic, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I'm ready to cry now!! I know all of those beautiful people and I could say the same thing, Martha....we attended BBCS for 8 years and mourned when the Lord moved us on. (okay, you said it better, but I couldn't remember everything:) Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how hard it is to leave a church and move on to another. I'm glad you got to meet up with some old friends, schmooze, and get some photos. I love the glasses on your shirt in that 1st picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite often miss my "old" church too. The funny thing is that I still attend the same church...but it's different. When we first went there it was small, maybe a couple hundred people. Then it grew and grew and grew until it was about 1800 people and we built a big addition. We have 3 services and there are so many people I don't know. I don't see all the old friends anymore and the church is too big for a potluck.

    But...I shouldn't feel this way because more people are coming to church. Right?

    ReplyDelete