Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My New Dog, My New Sidewalk, and Ronald McDonald

This morning I finally made the decision to call a dog groomer and make Sofie and appointment. I didn't expect to get in today, just find out prices and get a time. I looked in the yellow pages and dialed the number. An older woman answered and I said, "I'm calling about the dog grooming service..." to which she abruptly answered, "This is NOT the dog grooming service!" and then hung up. Apparently she was sick and tired of taking their calls. I looked in the white pages and found the same service listed under a different number. I was in luck, they had a cancellation and I could bring Sofie in in about half an hour. Cost? About $35. I took her in and found the salon owner to be a former schoolmate. When I returned several hours later to pick up my dog she told me, "She's a brat!" I smiled. "Yes, I know," I said. If she was easy to groom, I would do it myself. Anyway, she looks adorable and she can see. With her new haircut has come a new boldness. Oreo had to put her in her place this evening and I heard her yelp. I'm not sure she has yet learned not to mess with cats.
Since our very kind neighbor has given us the sand from underneath his now dismantled swimming pool, the boys have been working on my new sidewalk. I wish I could tell you that I have been involved every step of the way, but I have been busy with other high priority jobs. The sidewalk is looking good and will be much safer this coming winter than the old one. I think we should be able to shovel snow off these blocks without too much trouble providing it is not four feet deep. It may not be as pretty as flagstones, but I like it.
This morning my favorite grandson (He can only claim this title for a very short time...) came to visit. He was dressed in his jammies because it was still early and with this McDonald's apron on looked a little bit like Ronald McDonald. He just needs to grow a little bit of red hair.

13 comments:

  1. The only "brat" you have is Sophie!
    The sidewalk looks great. Oh that Josh, I just want to hug him. He won't bite will he? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not, but Sofie might. She thinks its a game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "but I have been busy with other high priority jobs" Hmmm, could that have been keeping track of Ronald McDonald?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie's new do looks great, and so does the sidewalk!

    Did Ronald make you an egg mcmuffin for breakfast? He looks so cute in that apron. I don't think he's gonna grow red hair anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doggy is too cute Martha! And when is your new greandchild due?

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone tells me my dogs are bad, I just tell them that I was more concerned about my children being obedient. I believe you have wonderful children, so your dog can be a brat:) Sofie looks adorable and that is so funny that she was so confident with her new hairdo. I feel the same way. When I get a new haircut, I feel good;) The sidewalk is looking really fabulous!!

    The apron on Josh just looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bethany, that just may have been it.

    Christine, my new grandson is due in December. My son, Dave, and his wife, Leta, are very excited about their first baby and so are we.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're hanging out in the back yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your doggy looks beautiful! And your favorite grandson is so adorable. I could just eat him up ;-)
    Life is busy....everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sophie's haircut. The sidewalk looks great...and of course Josh is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie looks darling...
    We keep Molly short too, so much easier to take care of.

    ReplyDelete