Monday, September 08, 2008

Sweet!

James and I went for an orchard walk after supper tonight. We walked back across the street, past the Fox's blueberry bushes, through the rock wall, down the hill by the pond where I smelled a different kind of orchard scent. Peaches! It smelled like peach cobbler or something. Peaches have always been one of my favorite fruits, in fact I bought some just a few hours earlier. I picked one orchard peach which I thought I might eat, but it was just too fuzzy. I ended up carrying it along with me and then inadvertently rubbed my face which is now feeling prickly from peach fuzz. I think I may never learn that peaches can be painful.

On our way home we walked along the rock wall by the woods. James was looking up at the trees in the woods and I was looking at the hedgerow when all of a sudden I stepped right into a hole. My foot went down until the ground came right up to my knee. "Ugh," I said as I fell on the ground. I was blessed to have my foot go straight into the hole rather than entering at an angle. Other than some bruising and a little stiffness, I am not hurt at all. James was pleased that he did not have to carry me back up the hill and all the way home. I know I could have easily broken my foot or been injured in a way that would have made walking difficult. I may walk with a slight limp when I get out of bed tomorrow morning, but I think I will be okay.

On our way back across the street, our neighbor called out to James. He has just been dismantling his very old swimming pool and wondered if we needed any sand. He looked quite surprised when James said yes. I guess the boys will be hard at work tomorrow filling Grandpa's trailer with sand so we can finish our new walkway.

11 comments:

  1. Sweet and sandy and painful and fun and you better put some ice on what hurts! ....Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Judi, no ice for me. Ice on my skin is extremely painful. It's that Raynaud's Syndrome thing. Maybe I'll take a hot shower instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peaches! I am sorry about your fall but glad you aren't hurt.

    By the way, you are tagged! We want to know six more things about you. Instructions are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peaches too? How awesome to live with such a variety of yummy fruits!

    Sorry about your little accident, glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord for sand! Now you can finish your sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those peaches look yummy, I think I'll have to go pick some. How cool that God provided sand! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raynaud's Syndrome Oh ouch!!! I didn't know that. Guess that is my someting mew today. Okay I am not going to change that. My dyslexia is showing and I am just tired enough not to care. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray for free sand, but you better wait until the ankle feels better to play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I just noticed my name was gone off your list! Did you write me off LOL? Just teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I didn't write you off, Michelle! I visit you from Heather's site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! Glad it wasn't a skunk hole! Are you going to make a pie? We need pie here. But I also need to read a lot of books, write some book reports, read poetry to children, visit a school library, write a paper,...the list is getting long!

    ReplyDelete