Friday, September 05, 2008

Jim's Visit

Our son Jim has been in town from Minnesota since late Saturday evening. He has managed to avoid the crowds and chaos of the Republican National Convention in Saint Paul by heading home to NY to spend some time with family and friends. Last night our children gathered here for a pizza party and some time together.
While our family was growing up, I took for granted all those days when everyone was in one place. There was noise and activity constantly and I often sought to find a quiet moment alone. They were few and far between. Now times of stillness are many and I look forward to the rare days when I am priviledged to watch my children interact. Last night we were missing Bethany's husband, Adam, who was attending a class for work. We took a group shot anyway because it is doubtful that they will all be in one spot again before Christmas. Maybe we can paste Adam in later.

8 comments:

  1. You ought to consider framing atleast one of those two photos. They are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family pictures, and your family look so loving, kind and downright cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, "Sigh". How sweet it is to have them all together. I haven't had them all together in two years. Cost prohibitive. Glad you had him for so long. They all look great. Sorry about Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very excited to see a picture of pregnant Leta!!! She looks adorable. The second picture is very nice of her and David. Did Bethany get her hair cut again? It looks very cute. I love Jimmy's big smile in the second one and I love that Josiah is scratching his neck in the first one:) I hope Josh found his other shoe;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I got my hair cut again. I'm not sure if I like it... But thanks anyway. Josh left his shoe at Grandma's house, but they found it. (Yea!) Did you notice the interaction between Dave and Josh in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they were having a staring contest and Josh was winning! Why are you not sure about your hair? Is it short in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you could get everybody together at the same time! Mine all live close but I never did get everyone together at the same time this summer.

    ReplyDelete