Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Summer's End?

It's been a busy day and it isn't over yet. We will soon be off to church and our final Kid's Class for a while. We have been thinking it might be a good idea to take a break and regroup after a year and a half of Wednesday evenings. James is busy with work right now and I am out of ideas. Pastor Roger had someone volunteer to help in the Wednesday evening kids ministry so now we will have a rest.

This is a heron that greeted us when we returned home from the fair last Friday. I haven't seen it since. They are fairly common and yet elusive at the same time.

7 comments:

  1. Well, that's a bird I will probably never see in my back yard.


    Nice picture...You day at church sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big sigh... a break. Your heron looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw, like, ten dozen of those today! Okay, maybe it was just the same two flying in circles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's back. http://politicallyincorrectpapa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thnk herons are so cool. I have a couple of spots where I always look for them because I have seen one there before.

    Enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely delicate image. Like a Japanese print. One feels lucky to catch sight of these graceful birds.

    ReplyDelete