Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Boy

Many birthdays have come and gone in the past twenty-seven years, but more than the birthdays, usually celebrated with some kind of pie and ice cream, are all the special moments sandwiched in between. Now that you live far away the moments we spend together are even more treasured. I'm not there to bake your favorite pies or give you a birthday hug, you are held in my heart instead. So on this day I am missing you and feeling a little lump in my throat. I'll be okay, of course, and I'll probably even bake a pie, but all the time I'll be thinking of you. I hope the package I ordered arrives at your house on time.
I love you. Love, Mom

13 comments:

  1. Tears, tears.... what a sweet post to your son. Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a cute little guy! I can't believe Jimmy is 27, that makes me feel kinda old! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jim! Wow, are you 27 already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you mail a pie? :) I know from experience hugs loose something in the packaging and rough handling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday.... what a sweet picture and post for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.... I bet he wishes he was home today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. There was no aromatic smell of apple pie baking in my kitchen this afternoon. I was fighting a headache and took a nap instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he had a Happy Birthday. I am sorry you were sad though. Did you call him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he had a good day. I tried calling him a couple of times and he finally called back (after the movie was done). I was mostly sad writing the blog post, but it can be tough cause he's are far away and I want him to know I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so sweet....I'm a little late coming by, so I'll give my "belated Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy....who isn't such a small boy anymore, by the sounds of it. Cute picture, taken when he was young and thank goodness we have our pictures, such precious memories...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this post? I should've known to visit my mother's blog on my birthday. Thank you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete