Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Case of the Vanishing Dog

Jasmine disappeared again this past weekend. We all agree she was here on Sunday, or at least we think she was, otherwise I might be inclined to imagine she acted as a stowaway in that Fedex truck I saw drive back into the orchard Saturday afternoon. I'm sure I heard her barking out in the apple trees behind the house on Monday morning, but we saw neither hide nor hair of her until Tuesday afternoon around when the Fedex man dropped off a package for James. Of course, Ben was also out in the orchard looking and calling for her. More than likely she decided to camp out in the trees or go home with the Mexicans for a burrito supper. Okay, maybe not... but where was she hiding? She was not especially hungry on her return, just tired, and I know she wasn't just next door keeping Mike company. He's been out working in his yard for weeks now. Somehow, just when I'm ready to call the dog warden and report her missing, she shows up back home.

10 comments:

  1. How strange! Don't you wish she could talk? Did she smell like cigarette smoke this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very strange indeed. She needs a gps tracking device!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Maybe those burritos cooking down the road were just too much for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bad dog! That must scare you when she is gone so long. I am glad she came back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do wish she could talk. I am tempted to make up a story for her... She did not smell like cigarettes, though I didn't try to smell her. And yes, she is a bad dog. She didn't seem too concerned about the length of time she was gone, but Sofie sure was excited about her return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is bizarre. I wonder where she went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a tricky dog. Just leaving and not telling you where she is going. Bad girl! (Glad she is home;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how scary. Glad she's back home again. Maybe she's sneaking off to meet a boyfriend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to ask about a cigarette smell too. I'm glad she's back too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She was off on a doggy adventure, and I'm glad she's back home safe and sound. Don't you wish our dogs spoke English? LOL...

    ReplyDelete