Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Morning

A couple weeks ago I set out some peanuts for the squirrels. It was supposed to be cold and snowy, and they looked so busy running around getting ready that I thought I would make things easy on them (kind of like when I stop somewhere for a quick lunch). I was rather disappointed to find that no one seemed the least bit interested in my offering. The peanuts sat on the ground and were covered by snow, seemingly forgotten.

God works in mysterious ways. Yesterday was Christmas and what did I see through my upstairs window? A beautiful blue jay sitting on the branch of our big birch tree. When I looked out, he swooped down to the ground where three more blue jays were inspecting my pile of peanuts at the base of the tree. Every so often one would fly off with a nut in his beak, a Christmas gift for Mrs. Blue jay, maybe? The blue jays weren't the only ones to enjoy the feast, there was also a little squirrel, who buried his peanuts for later, and big old blackbird who I'm sure tookshis share. I found it interesting that the pile would remain on the ground until yesterday morning when I would be blessed to catch a glimpse of the wildlife Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. That is sweet. It must have been a gift, just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :), God had to bless that communial offering with a little snow.....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were really thinking of everyone this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special treat for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Error, error, I posted on the wrong blog!!!!! Omy so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, everything is better now.

    ReplyDelete