Monday, December 03, 2007

An Icycle Ride

It's a great day to be an icycle, or an ice cube for that matter. The wind blew all last night and has been blowing all throughout today too. It is an icy frigid wind, the kind that goes right through and freezes your bones. The actual temperature is 27 degrees, but with the windchill it feels more like 3. Every once in a while I half expect the house to blow away! Its a good night to stay home, watch a movie, and drink hot cocoa or tea.

I'm still working at cleaning out the extra stuff in my house. Today we removed a free standing closet and a portable dishwasher from my entry/kitchen. The closet collects coats and clothing we don't wear inside and clutter and other debris on top. The dishwasher works but because our water pressure is low, takes 2 hours to run. That's too long to have a dishewasher hooked up to my sink. Ellie went out with us when Nate and I took the dishwasher into the barn. Two and a half hours later I realized she had never come back in the house. I grabbed my coat and went outside in the gale-force winds to see if I could locate my poor little dog. I called her name, all the while thinking she could never hear me in all the wind. I walked toward the barn and called again. What was that? I heard barking! There was Ellie, closed in the barn. She was cold, trembly and a little confused but happy to be rescued from her cold, lonely prison. She's all warmed up now and has forgiven us for locking her out in the cold. Good thing Beth and I left her hair long!

(Wish Beth and Adam a happy anniversary in the post below.)

7 comments:

  1. Poor baby! I'm glad she is very forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! she has fur and at least she wasn't in the wind.
    and at least you remembered she was out there and our animals seem to always love us unconditionally.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor little Ellie!

    It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get home from work tonight...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been following your weather plight on the news. Ouch! Cooold winds. Glad you remembered Ellie. Poor little tyke. I won't grumble about our rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brr, cold here too...and way too windy. Not liking it at all. Poor Ellie. Glad she was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least she was in the barn~!
    We are letting Molly's hair grow out for winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Molly has short hair, but she doesn't seem to mind too much once she gets outside (as long as I don't leave her too long)... I think she likes the snow.

    ReplyDelete