Monday, December 31, 2007

Friends and Family

Friends, family, family friends, and family who are friends... Yesterday we had another family gathering, this time in honor of Josiah's birthday. He will turn 20 on Friday but we decided to celebrate early, while Jim is still home. My sister Rachel came with Dave and the boys and also my Aunt Margie. It was a nice afternoon. We ate lasagna and had brownie sundaes. Ellie thoroughly embarrassed us by jumping onto Aunt Margie's lap and into her plate of lasagna. She had sauce all over her foot. Yucky! Good thing I had just given her a bath. Mom took another turn holding the baby even though she wasn't feeling quite like herself yesterday, and Dave took the splint off his broken arm to give it a little "exercise". We were able to see the pretty bruise colors and the set of railroad tracks down his arm. Ouch!

Tonight our kids are coming over again and also some friends. We're going to have a little New Year's Eve party. After cleaning my house all day, I'm not sure if I will make it til midnight but at least I have "swept out the old" and am ready for the new.

Have a Happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. I love the picture. Those older and wiser, holding the new life just beginning. Nice.
    We are doing a very quiet New Years Eve. Dinner at a little cafe, the Movies (PS I love you) we got tickets for Christmas, and maybe a latte on the way home. I'm sure I'll be in bed before the clock strikes 12 :) I'm old!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a very busy and eventful holiday season. Glad Jim got home to see you and family. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Joe. I missed the party...but looks like you all had fun without me. Mom looks a liitle frightened in that picture. Josh looks like he's out on bail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talked to mom today and she sounded very good. She has some new medication for her pain.

    That's a very cute picture, even though mom doesn't look like she feels well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family sounds great. Like a big 'old' family with lots of 'stuff' going on. Thank you for letting us being a part in it!
    You have a Happy New Year, too!
    Maybe in 2008 we will actually meet in 'the little forest' ...would you like that? come out with Priscilla!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gudl, I would love to meet you in "the little forest" sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun busy time. I'm glad you had all the family together for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete