Thursday, December 27, 2007

Finished


The two Nativities I painted this month went to my daughter and my daughter in law. We packed boxes with all kinds of fun things for our older kids. It's so hard to know what to give, especially when I have kids who really don't ask for much. They are great that way and never act disappointed in our gifts.

The Christmas rush is over for another year and, as usual, I am thinking about how to keep things controlled when it rolls around next year. I really do need a plan, and more than that, I need to implement it. So, I am tossing things around in my little old brain and formulating a plan. (I'm also packing things away, because I think I need to change my readiness goal from December 24th to December 1st.)

7 comments:

  1. I love the change in your readiness date! I think it's a great goal! The nativity sets look so beautiful and I am sure both daughters loved them and will treasure them for so many years to come. Next year, Josh will probably will playing with his mommy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gift baskets, I'm sure they loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan...And the boxes look wonderful..what special gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were nice Christmas boxes. I am sure they liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the gift boxes... In fact Adam and I have done the same sort of thing for our parents the past two years and they love it too. It's fun to search around for things they will love and to bake things they like to eat. This year it was fun to receive a home made nativity from Mom... It really is even more beautiful in person. And thanks to Wanda, we had some delicious toffee in the baskets this year too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift idea! Who wouldn't love a box like that? And the nativity set made it even more special.

    ReplyDelete