Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Soup's On!

Last night I made an easy dinner; baked ham, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I hadn't glazed the ham while it was baking so I mixed up a little frozen orange juice concentrate and some brown sugar and spooned that on top before we ate. Mmm, mmm, good! Josiah stopped by to eat with us and Bethany ate after work when she came to pick up the baby. This morning I checked Christine's blog and found a very nice recipe for Ham and Corn Chowder which I made for tonight. I had planned to make soup with the leftovers anyway and had everything I needed to try something new. Thanks, Christine!

13 comments:

  1. I love soup. Especially in the winter. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious too, there was no picture of it when I left my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you mom!

    What do you suppose Leta wants for Christmas? Maybe a toy helicopter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question, Jim. How about an "Apples to Apples" game? Or maybe something distincly Minnesotan like... um... well, I don't know, a nice pair of earmuffs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a soup night! We had "hamburger soup".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minnesotan? Hmm...depending on the season, it's either long underwear or mosquito spray.

    The soup looks so delicious. I don't make soup enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked at the soup and thought 'this looks familiar' ;-)

    Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a good meal to eat on a cold snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy. Is that peanut butter on bread to dip in the soup?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh one of my favorites in corn chowder...but never had it with ham...yummy!

    ReplyDelete