Friday, December 07, 2007

Positively Negative

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
Philippians 2:14-15

Last night my husband and I had a short conversation which has left me thinking. How does one maintain a positive attitude in a negative world? It seems so much easier to complain than to be filled with gratitude and contentment. I guess that's what got the Children of Israel into a heap of trouble in the wilderness, and likely what gets me into a heap of trouble also.

So, thank you, Lord, for summer and winter, for springtime and harvest. Thank you for all those little irritations that You are using to conform me into your likeness, as well as the bright and wonderful things that leave a smile on my face..

15 comments:

  1. what are you in my life right now?
    geez!
    thank you for the reminder.
    maybe God can help my hubby to remember this too..... with out me saying it out loud...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha is the painting yours. I love it. And for the verse..my Tuesday night Bible study is memorizing Phil 2:1-18...guess what I've been repeating that over and over...and boy have I been getting some conviction!! Thanks for the reminder...that it needs to be our way of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me to get my focus straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Nice to "know it" yet good to be reminded of the truth because it WILL set you free from the bondages of fear, worry, and whatever else we manage to find and get ourselves into.

    Christ too lived in a negative world and heard and followed His Father's voice. If it were easy to do, the world would be a positive place - but good things are worth striving for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that!
    Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, I painted the picture but the pattern is from Debbie Toews. Sometimes I rearrange them to fit my needs and once in a while I paint my own picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good reminder. Sometimes I see really crabby people and think that I don't want to be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha: I use other peoples ideas all the time for my painting...but it becomes yours when your hand paints it. Love it, love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so easy to be a complainer... Ugh. Good thing that I am being reformed by a very patient God!

    (That was my post earlier, but I signed in as my Mom on accident! DORK!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great reminder, Martha. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete