Friday, December 14, 2007

The Calm Before the Next Storm

It is a fairly quiet day at my house. James is here making phone calls and looking at his books. My three youngest are here doing their school work (I think) and being generally quiet. Troy was feeling a bit under the weather and stayed home with his dad. I have been working on my nativity sets. My fingers are flecked with paint; maple sugar tan, butter cream, and spice brown. You would think I was baking cookies, but those are my paint colors.

The weather has settled down for the moment but they say a storm is headed our way. We seem to be situated in an area forecast to receive significant snowfall. A little east of here they will likely be under at least 12-18 inches of snow, maybe we will be too. I'm not complaining; my house is warm and I have plenty to keep me busy. Maybe I'll actually get my painting done... or bake some cookies.

5 comments:

  1. The nativity sets look really cool. I always wanted to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful Nativity. I can't wait to see it all set up. Love how you did the sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very nice. Are you planning to sell them? or give them away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds nice and cozy. Like the nativity set. Cooler in Kristina land... 7 degrees? wow. Glad you got a warm fire and a great husband to gather your wood! :)

    ReplyDelete