Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Winter Storm

Today we had a nice little snowstorm. I would have chosen to stay at home all day, but instead I had to venture out at the height of the storm to retrieve Troy from preschool. It was snowy and slick. I drove slow and we both got back safe.

I've not done near the tasks I hoped to this week. James and I had talked of writing our Christmas cards on Sunday afternoon... We didn't. I had hoped to have my nativity sets painted... I'm still working on them. Cookies? Maybe they'll happen and maybe they won't... In any case, the laundry has been getting done, the dishes are clean, I've managed to get suppers on the table, and the vacuum cleaner has been exercised a few times this week. Josh was here for several hours today. Hannah is more than happy to hold him and feed him, as long as I change his diapers. We've been enjoying his company.

Jasmine may need to take a trip to the vet. Her front paw is swollen and bleeding. She has been somewhat reluctant to get up off her bed the past few days, but I thought she was just being sulky. Poor thing, she really looks unhappy and can't favor her foot like most animals. She's never learned to walk on two legs. Lucky for Jazz I have a husband who notices things like wounded dogs.

8 comments:

  1. Poor Jazz, I feel bad for her. She has no choice but to walk on it, I wonder what happened.

    I had to work today. My honey surprised me and brought me his car because his had snow tires on and mine didn't, he put mine on today. He said the roads were very slippery.

    All the snow looks beautiful when it sticks on all the tree branches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for your dog too. But the snow is beautiful. I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks beautiful, too!
    There is something magical about fresh snow, isn't it? At least for me....coming from Germany we never had that much snow as children.
    I am sorry to hear about the dog. Too bad they can't talk and tell you what hurts them. I hope he is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are sticking in the productive track! Good for you. Miss your blogging often but....
    Poor Jazz she is lucky to have James as a dad. Hope you can get her to the vet. Got any soup left over? I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so nice in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Jazzy feels better soon. So do Monica and Phoebe. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Jazz. I do hope his paw feels better. I'm glad James noticed it.

    The snow picture is wonderful. It is such a peaceful and warm feeling right after a snowfall. It is so nice to be warm and cozy inside and look outside and see all that calm beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful photo of the house Mart...incredible and soooo homey looking...I wish I was there.
    Whats especially neat is seeing the ladder up against the tree on the side and the swing in the tree on the other side...snow falling...its just a wonderful photo...
    and Jasmine...How is she doing? will she be alright...thats sad but kinda funny (walking on two feet ... hmmm)

    ReplyDelete