Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Staying Warm

Each day I manage to remove a little more clutter from my house. Today I moved this little cart away from my basement door and out of the kitchen. I figured we could make coffee in the sitting area by the dinner table and woodstove. In the cabinet underneath is a bigger coffee pot and... lots of jars of apple butter. Guess I need to make some room for the coffee... I still haven't decorated for Christmas but that is getting closer to happening also. Well, okay, I did hang the stockings but that is about the extent of my present holiday decor.

The weather outside is frightful. I need to go grocery shopping but really don't want to brave the weather right now. The snow isn't very deep, but the wind has been blowing relentlessly since Sunday night. It is the wind that keeps me inside. My face and hands can't take the freezing cold and will instantly turn to leather, so I choose to stay inside and enjoy the warmth of the woodstove. Anybody for some tea and honey with a slice of warm bread and apple butter?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, throw another log on the fire, I'll be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, me! It has been so windy here, too. I hate to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just managed to drive down the driveway to get the mail. Otherwise I stayed in all day! we have about a foot of snow up here. but it is lovely with the fire going and the smell of the freshly baked Christmas cookies!
    Your house will look nice comes Christmas! You are making progress!
    I wanted to decorate outside but because of the weather that has to wait, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wonder how many Christmas decorations have blown away in all this wind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, warm bread with apple butter, I'll be right over too! We don't have any outside decorations up, just one white light in each window, but as soon as we get up the gumption, we'll wrap our front door and put a big bow on it. I did manage to put up our tree and stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I sat at my computer, and pretended we were having tea and goodies...Just wasn't the same, Martha! Wish I was there! Love the little cabnit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see the picture. Am I the only one?

    Yes...I stayed inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... Sounds good to me, but I stayed home cause it was too yucky to drive in the dark.

    ReplyDelete