Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is It Fall Now?

The weather has cooled down a bit more and a little faster than I expected. Never satisfied, always looking for something other than what we have, isn't that just the way we are? Yesterday we took a short walk in the orchard. I've not done the walking this year that I did last and am quite disappointed with myself as it will soon be hunting season and then I won't want to be wandering around out in the trees. I'm still feeling somewhat lost and looking for a way to alleviate that awful feeling.

Bethany, Hannah and I went out Sunday afternoon to the LW Emporium in Ontario and walked around looking at antiques and crafty things. It was a nice outing and I enjoyed spending the time with my daughters. I don't usually buy anything when I go, I'm one of those people who looks, likes and leaves and then frets over the fact that I didn't make a purchase. However, this time I did buy something, a little gray enamel tea kettle. I filled it with water and set it on my woodstove to help put some moisture back into the air. It looks nice there I think.

Now I am off to pick Troy up from preschool and head out to the grocery store. Shopping for food doesn't hold the same allure as looking at antiques and other treasures but it must be done...

PS- Bethany says the baby has dropped...

6 comments:

  1. Let Troy make up the menus :) Shopping would be so much more fun.
    re;PS, ya got plans for the weekend? I wouldn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with us this year? You didn't walk as much as last year and I didn't swim as much as last year.
    I hope the down trend does not continue!!
    We don't walk in our woods either during hunting season. That is a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got lots of plans for this weekend... Hold off baby till next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany- You better not do any more jumping jacks!

    I haven't been to the LW Emporium in a long time. Is it just as good as Craft Antique Co op?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I think the Antique Co-op is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Where have I been? I've never even heard of the LW Emporium. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete