Sunday, October 07, 2007

Country Folk


One of my favorite old photographs. This is my dad's Uncle Al Shafer and a friend. Most of Dad's uncles had farms of one kind or another. Uncle Irving raised pigs, Uncle Joe, Uncle Al, and Uncle Wilson had dairy farms. Uncle Leo had a farm too before he sold it and moved into town. Now I have a farm... kind of... Well okay, I have what used to be a farm, an apple farm. All that's left now are a few old Greening apple trees, the house and the barns. What we need to do now is put up some fencing and get some goats and chickens.

9 comments:

  1. How I love looking at old pictures. This is a great one. I have a trunk of pictures I need to really organize...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Al Shafer is a GOOD LOOKEN dude! but a pig farmer? wow! hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a film of what went on in their lives, but I don't think there are any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a pig for kissing too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of my uncles are/were farmers too. But I prefer goats, they're more fun to play with than cows and pigs. Although, I used to play peek-a-boo with my uncles cows. And my cousins and I used to fish for pigs but we never caught any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great photo. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, why don't you get some chickens? They are fun!!
    Nice photograph.

    ReplyDelete