Saturday, October 27, 2007

Time Out

Yesterday we decided to go out to the big farm market in Pittsford. It has been an almost annual adventure for me and my kids. (This is Hannah when she was about three.) Not only is it the location of "The World's Biggest Teepee" but there are plenty of farm animals to pet and feed, lots and lots of pumpkins, a hay ride we never go on, and a store that smells like the ovens never stop baking. It smells wonderful. Powers Farm Market is a wonderful place to take kids in late October. Shelly and Jessi went along with us this time and Beth hoped to meet us (after her lunch with Andy) but she wasn't sure how to get there. I don't have a cell phone and Shelly had accidentally left hers home. I think Beth was severely disappointed.

Today I took a "mental health day" and left the house ALONE! My plan was to stop at Mom's and get some canning jars and then go to the grocery store. Instead I wandered around looking at crafts and antiques and got a Frosty before heading toward home. I did eventually stop at the grocery store, we needed milk and bread, and got home about 5:30 hoping that my dear daughter hadn't gone into labor and left for the hospital with my knowledge. I was praying for her, just in case, but I think Baby is not quite ready to meet us just yet.

6 comments:

  1. Okay Beth, that explains my backache! Sympathy pains? Martha I am so glad you got some alone time. Valuable stuff isn't it? Wow and a frosty! I was so shocked they now come in vanilla. Sounds like you have a great farm market. Think I will wander out to a pumpkin patch just to "smell" the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo. My a frosty sounds good right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha, I'm so glad you got a day to yourself! We have been so busy lately, I haven't been able to catch up with my blogging friends but I wanted to check in to see how you were doing as a Grandma! Oh well...I'll have to check back it appears. I am sure Bethany is more anxious than everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, Nan was just here for the weekend and I think Mark took her boys to the same market on Saturday! It sounds so fun. I don't think we ever went there.

    ReplyDelete