Friday, October 19, 2007

Corn Stalks and Pumpkins


The sky promised rain but that didn't stop us from venturing out to one of the local farm markets this morning. We had just enough time to check out the corn stalk tepee and run through the hay maze before it started to sprinkle. Before long the rain was really falling and we made a mad dash for the van. We decided to stop at Walmart and pick up some laundry detergent before heading home again.
I had a more productive cleaning day today than yesterday but I'm still not ready to tackle those baskets of apples. I'm afraid I might get a headache just thinking about it... I will get to them eventually... or maybe I'll just put them in Halloween bags if anyone comes knocking on my door.

6 comments:

  1. that looks like a great hay maze! a real tower! great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know kids don't like to get apples in their bags on Halloween? That's much too healthy! We got rained on too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trick or Treat!! I love getting apples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you'll be getting a whole lot of tricker treaters where you live! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that picture should be matted and framed! Lovely Fall pix :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to ask..with all this pickin and packing and canning etc...do y'all save the seeds from things like cucumbers, apples, pumpkins, squash and stuff...I have this great book that tells how to save the seeds from everything..I just have not read it yet..has anyone out there done this...and how..and what is the recipe for pumpkin soup and Bethany's apple or rhubarb crisp??the best crisp thats ever been made!
    And further more..I am thinking of y'all today and tonight and yesterday sooo much that I feel like I want so bad to be there..wish I could get enough gasoline to get there I would ride on down..BUT..I guess I have to sit this one out eh!..please call no matter what time it is okay..re Bethany..I called your place tonight but you where probably sleeping..and your cell no longer works..call...Love, hugs and more of the same..yogramanita

    ReplyDelete