Sunday, April 08, 2007

If You Don't Like the Weather...


If you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

The weather here is liable to do just about anything. This morning we woke to a snow covered Easter, not just a dusting but several inches. It has been below freezing now for about a week and the flowers, which were thinking about blooming a few days ago, are looking rather droopy and sad. I'm beginning to wonder if the daffodils can survive such a long cold snap. (Good thing I have plenty of pictures from last year.) Today the temperatures have finally gotten back up to freezing and the warming trend is forecast to continue.
So, today was Easter Sunday. We don't typically do Easter baskets with our kids but we had a very nice ham dinner after church this afternoon. Our kids and my parents were here, only Leta was missing as she had to work. We had some fun drawing together and Mom and Dad played the marble game with Beth and Adam. Now the boys and Hannah are watching old Roy Roger's movies with James while I sit here and write. My parents have gone home and so have Beth and Adam. Looks like it will be a quiet and relaxed evening. Mmmmmm.... time for a nice cup of tea!

7 comments:

  1. Goodness, you're quick at these things. Good thing we left when we did... I just made it home! Now I'll have some tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have some tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, tea sound good, but I'm opting for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my tea, and I changed my blog picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one was bad, is this better?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice Easter, too. Home is home!! Happy Easter.
    Summer will come. It always does.

    ReplyDelete