Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cold and Wet


The weather has been just plain cold and wet. Almost all of our snow has melted but we have more than enough water to go around. Troy and I decided to try sailing a boat in the "lake" but the wind was blowing the wrong direction. Guess we'll have to try again another day.

Not too much has been happening here and the days seem to drag on. Keeping a good attitude is an effort when things aren't going your way but there's nothing any of us can do to change the weather so we have to make the best of it. James and the kids have watched several old Roy Rogers films, I read a couple books by Dale Evans (Angel Unaware, and Dearest Debbie), we've drawn some pictures, and we are still plugging very slowly away at school work.
Every day I look for a little bit of sunshine but somedays I have to find it somewhere other than the sky. This morning I dew a little paper bag on a piece of paper. Troy took it, made a little scribble and said, "I give you some fries." Then he drew a little line and said, "and a burger." He had such a cute little smile on his face and looked so proud of himself.

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie, definitely something to smile about! It makes me miss when mine were little.
    Saturday and Sunday look like they'll be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the cruddy weather, but the burger & fries is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burger and fries made me smile--Troy sounds like a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I know the feeling, Blah. Bored. Yuck. Weather here is rain, rain, rain. "there ain't no sunshine in my life....." wish I could put in musical notes. Good when you can fine little rays of golden stuff in those around you. Gota love a kid that sees fries in an empty bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing the happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete