Friday, April 27, 2007

A Little Bit Different

This has been a slightly out of the ordinary week and so I decided to rearrange my schedule a little bit more and I took Troy grocery shopping this morning. Now I don't have to go tomorrow. Neither do I have to clean at church because there is a church clean-up day and there will be plenty of others there to do the Sunday school rooms. (Pastor Roger said I didn't need to worry about it.) Tonight was our last "Kid's Club" meeting for the year and I am ready for the break. I also learned that I have just three weeks left to babysit before Troy's daddy is off for the summer vacation. Things are about to change a little bit around here.

My lilacs are starting to bud. I don't know if they'll be out in time for the Lilac Festival but we shall see. I don't mind having a lilac festival of my own right here at home. The parking is always good and I never have to use one of those public porta-potties. The lilacs usually bloom at about the same time as the apples, so the Apple Blossom Festival will be running at the same time. I'm hoping for warm weather this year!

Jasmine is still loving springtime. Every time I go outside, she has to come along. Can't say as I blame her.

5 comments:

  1. My work schedule will be lighter soon too. Starting in June, no more Friday hours! Maybe we'll have to get together more! I'm thinking the lilacs aren't going to be quite ready by the Lilac Festival this year, but maybe I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring time too! Gives me hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some changes are plesant aren't they? Sounds like you will continue to be buzy, you do not seem the type to sit still for to long. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like lilacs! they smell so nice,
    no porta potties? well now aren't we a posh festival! so fancy shmanzy..... I'll be there, is there drinks too,cookies,coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! Coffee and cookies can be arranged. Hey, why don't we just have a regular picnic with all the works?

    ReplyDelete