Thursday, April 05, 2007

Wishful Thinking

This morning I woke to snow on the ground, not a lot, but
snow none the less. It was not totally unexpected but I would much rather be seeing daffodils. I can hardly wait.


My cold is getting better, I think. I am now the proud owner of a rather hoarse throat and a terrible barking cough. The kleenex are never far away and I am constantly washing my hands. I think I have consumed enough tea for all of England these past few days as well as several Tylenol Sinus pills. Yesterday I took a nice long afternoon nap and, now that the moonshine is gone, I can sleep at night too.


Teal Lake seems to be here for the long haul. We have sent a form into the town drainage committee to see if anything can be done other than starting up our portable gasoline pump. Pumping the water means days of wading out into the pond to refill the tank on the engine and who knows how many gallons of gas. And then, if it rains hard again the water just comes back. I think our neighbor is a bit disgusted with it too as part of the water is on his side of the property line. One guy we had look at it suggested we buy some ducks and enjoy. Not funny!


9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, I know it is no fun having a cold. T. has allergies, and has been known to stuff tissue up her nose when she is buzy and it drips! Grosses her kiddos out. LOL!! Sorry about the Teal Lake issue. Has to be a solution, finding it seems to be another problem. Hope you get a good response to your inquiry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I long for spring too. I may just wear spring clothes to church on Sunday anyhow.

    I'm sorry about Teal Lake too. It seems like something should be able to be done about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! Sounds like you are having a rough go of it.... I'll be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience and prayer. Things will work out. If worse comes to worse, we'll pump the water out of the yard again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We pump it across the yard and over a knoll into a drainage ditch that the apple farmer dug about 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you are feeling all better I have a tiny present for you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer! Hope you are up and at'm soon!

    ReplyDelete