Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Big Puddle, Little Boats

Last Saturday I was lucky enough to find a couple of toy boats to float on our "lake". (Yeah for K Mart!) Today it was finally warm enough for maiden voyages on the pond. The wind was blowing stong enough to push the boats across the water and Hannah was brave enough to don a pair of waders and venture out into the deep when the little vessels become grounded or stuck on a "reef". It was still a little chilly out there but the sun was shining and it was a great day for sailing. We have to enjoy the water while we can as James will be starting the pump as soon as the weather decides to stay warm. Think that's gonna happen any time soon?

5 comments:

  1. I sure hope it warms up soon. I enjoyed our walk in the orchard today even though it was a little chilly. Steven insists that he wasn't cold without a jacket today. He amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's snowing in the Dakotas. We could be in trouble... but I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all have so much Funn!! No solution to Teal Lake I take it, so pumping, pumping and hoping the gas prices stay low. I have my fingers crossed for good weather, throwing in a prayer to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't pump it out before we have a swim party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. I can't wait for warmer weather too.

    ReplyDelete