Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sunburnt Vegetables


Well, my garden is all planted and growing. Today I put in squash (butternut and buttercup), watermelon, and cantalope. Bethany tells me melons never grow but I am trying to disregard her pessimism. Instead I am looking forward to slicing into a nice juicy melon round about the end of August. My dad used to grow them so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Now the only thing left to put in are second plantings of corn, and maybe radishes or spinich toward the end of summer. I can't wait to go out and pick something yummy!

Last night I noticed that sunburned shoulders make for difficult sleeping. What was I thinking out there all day long with my white shoulders exposed to the full strength of the sun. My poor shoulders burned more last night than they did on Monday night. Ouch! Well, at least I'll have gotten rid of some of that old farmer's tan. Now I feel like Lobster Woman.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Marty! I just wanted to tell you in case you didn't know, that you can read the Cerak's blog about their daughter Whitney's progress at...
    http://efree.alpine-web.net/blog.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your garden in!! We never had much success with melons... but then again we weren't the gardeners that you are so I'm betting you do better and get lots of juicy melons. :)

    Hope the sunburn heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to come over for lunch or dinner!

    Use sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That's me when I was skinny!

    ReplyDelete