Sunday, June 04, 2006

Caught With My Hand in the Cookie Jar (or Popcorn Bowl)


I couldn't sleep at all last night and when I did sleep it was at very short intervals. I must have woken up at least a gazillion times! I didn't know it was possible to wake up that many times in one night. I thought morning would never come but it did, just when I was falling into a good sleep.

As I pondered what could have messed up my slumber, I thought of the cup of French Vanilla I drank late in the afternoon, half cappucino/ half vanilla cream. Not much caffeine but a lot of sugar, and then there was the popcorn I made for Ben and Hannah. I wasn't going to eat any, but I did. I think the combination was just too much and so I tossed and turned all night long. Today I made up for it by taking an ever so long nap on the couch. I was wide awake in church tonight.

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I love a GIANT bowl of popcorn!! Lots of butter and salt!!!!

    So... what was the sermon about?

    I took a short nap this afternoon. I tried to stay awake... but it was a hopeless cause. Now I don't want to go to bed. A vicious cycle indeed!! I've never known popcorn to keep me awake. Of course I never tried it with French Vanilla. Do you think it would work in the AFTERNOON?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you sleep good tonight! I will havea really bad night's sleep if I drink a cup of coffee any later than 6:00 pm. I'm not so sure if sugar has ever affected my sleep, I'll have to pay more attention to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sermon was on Acts 9 just after Saul of Tarsus had his lights knocked out and on through where Tabitha was raised from the dead by Peter.

    As for staying awake, I have been eating mostly fruit and veggies since James left and have been feeling pretty good. But yesterday afternoon I ate some tator tots and then had the French vanilla and popcorn. After that I couldn't sleep. I guess cheaters never win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny that your blog should be about popcorn today...because right now I am waiting for a pan of popcorn to start popping. The kids want a snack!

    I've been painting cats today and I used a photo of your cat as a reference! Thanks for the great cat expression on your blog "Bird watching." I needed a cat who looked like she was watching a dragonfly I will be painting in. Thanks!

    Hey! Did you notice that someone from Europe visited my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did they post?!? All I saw was some Aussie's comment... No European.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm talking about my cluster map. Scroll down on my blog. You'll see it on the right.

    ReplyDelete