Saturday, June 03, 2006

Got My Head in the Clouds


Well, it certainly has been a soggy day today. I could hear the rain outside my window when I went to bed last night and I think it must have rained most of the night. It wasn't pouring, just a steady, gentle rain. It is still overcast and somewhat gloomy. A good day, I think, to be inside.

Ben stayed overnight with Patrick at Dave's house last night and they showed up here this morning to drive Pat's go-cart around out on the orchard. The did the best they could, at first, to avoid the mud puddles, but it isn't programmed into a boy to actually stay clean. A boy is built for dirt. Well, they hit a few puddles and ended up covered with mud from head to toe. Needless to say they both needed a dry set of clothes and a shower. I think they were both a little bit concerned about how I might react. If it happened all the time I wouldn't have been happy, not that I was overjoyed or anything, but I decided to make the best of it. I even laughed at their appearance, (Ben's face and glasses were spattered with mud) but not when they were looking. I only wish I could show post a picture but the camera is in Florida with James...

5 comments:

  1. Oh stink! I would've loved to see a picture! Leta said they were over riding the go-cart today. I spent some time with her this morning while Dave got his oil changed. Sounds like fun to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like fun too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that thing needs a windsheild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think it sounds fun too!! I can picture them covered with mud, it WAS a soggy day!

    ReplyDelete