Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Little Bit of Rain


After a beautiful weekend, we have had a few days of rain. The vegetables in my garden are loving it and so are the weeds. A garden reminds me of life because we just have to keep pulling out the worthless and tossing it aside in order to make room for what is good and necessary. We are enjoying some garden vegetables now, lettuce, spinach, radishes and beet greens, and soon there will be plenty of others to savor also. We love fresh salads and all of my kids are vegetable eaters, so it's a great thing to have a productive garden. I've never felt like I did a very good job growing things so this year has been very satisfying in that way.

This week I started watching two kids during the day. It is just a summer job so I won't have to worry about what to do come September and, hopefully, I will be able to put a little money aside to pay off some bills or put towards school books. It would be nice to know that our school books and supplies are paid for without having to bother James for the money. Getting used to two new kids in the house is proving to be a challenge even for my kids who are used to having things rather quiet. I think maybe the trickiest thing for me will be keeping them busy without having to be busy alongside them. I'm not used to that anymore either. Anyway, we are looking forward to some swimming adventures, some hiking trips, and maybe an outing or two to the park. God is good and He is able to keep us even when we aren't quite sure what to do ourselves.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful garden! On a day that Dave isn't here, you guys should come for a swim. Maybe this Friday or next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like your garden is coming along beautifully! Yum! I wouldn't mind planting a small garden...but it's too late this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hoping to put in a vegetable garden next year. Denis has to build a raised bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to make raised beds without a box to hold the dirt up. I guess the mounds are more like berms this year. I am hoping that my husband will find it in his heart (and schedule) to build boxes around them next year.

    ReplyDelete