Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Back Porch


Here I am, waiting for someone to stop by and visit for the afternoon. I've made a big pitcher of iced tea and set the chairs out. Do you think we'll need some brownies for the children to munch while we sit and talk? Oh, why not? Brownies are wonderful little treats, and who can resist their chocolatey goodness? Yikes! Maybe I'd better not make any until I know you're on your way.

I would have liked to have spent the afternoon at home but we were in need of cereal and pet food (along with a few other essentials), so we ventured out to the store late this morning and met James for lunch at the church. It feels like a great day to sit on the porch with a friend or two and enjoy both the summer heat and the occasional cool breeze. The kids have headed across the street for a swim and the house is silent, not such a rarity anymore but much enjoyed. Too bad there is so much cleaning to catch up with. I must get up and accomplish something here at home before the day is over. Now where did I put that box of brownie mix...

9 comments:

  1. It WAS a beautiful day, but unfortunately I had to work. That was okay though, I had a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I would have loved to have visited... But, I stayed home and FINALLY got the Difiore wedding proofs DONE! Now onto the Douglass order... The never ending wedding pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you always likee to play hidden picture games??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but it was appropriate 'cause that made two glasses of iced tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to work too. I my one house to clean. I farmed out the kids...and went off. I was home by 3:00...but hardly in any shape to come to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's okay, the porch is still there and I have plenty of iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to join you for a quiet afternoon and a glass of your wonderful suntea...or ice tea...and that strawberry shortcake for Nates Birthday...mmmmm....fresh and wonderful...Love to Nate on his Birthday...Dave and Lita on Their Anniversary...and everybody because I love them...I love this blogging stuff...keeping up with current family events...even like the mention of house cleaning...pass the box of brownies please!...Love you all...yogramanita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes...ps...I will bet that Darius and Amanda would love to see and read this site and maybe be a part of it or the 100 delicious one...love gramanita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take a lot of great pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete