Monday, May 01, 2006

Come What May



Today is the first of May and I forgot to leave a basket of flowers on someone's door, ring the bell, and run away to hide and watch them find it. Oh, how sad and dissappointing. Now I will have to wait another whole year. Sniff, sniff... I remember how we used to do that very thing as children. We would make a little bouquet of flowers and put them in a paper cone basket with a handle. Then we would hang the basket on someone's door, usually an elderly neighbor lady, knock on the door and run to hide behind a bush. She would come out the door, look around and then find a beautiful bunch of flowers waiting for her. I recall one woman in particular who lived over by the playground. When she spied us, she invited us in and showed us her miniature dollhouse collection which was all set up in an old bookcase. Ah yes, it is such a disappointment to have missed this truly special occasion.

4 comments:

  1. I have no recollection of this, where was I? You guys must have snuck out during my nap time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't run fast enough so we left you home. (just kidding) I don't know where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could surprise someone with a bouquet of flowers any day!

    ReplyDelete