Wednesday, May 31, 2006

This May Be It


Mud is very nice to feel
All squishy-squash between the toes!
I’d rather wade in wiggly mud
Than smell a yellow rose.
Nobody else but the rose bush knows
How nice mud feels
Between the toes
(... and Hannah)
May will soon be over and we will into the month of June. With June comes all kinds of wonderful happenings, birthdays, anniversaries, the end of school and more warm weather and picnics. And best of all James' and Nate's return from Florida.
Today was another warm day but not as warm as the past two, somewhere in the 80's. We took it easy today, did laundry and mailed bills. I am finally feeling somewhat caught up with myself. I've also been eating mostly fruit and drinking water, tea, and watered down juice. I figured this would be a good time to go on a fruit fast as there are only a few people to feed. It's funny how often the mind gravitates toward food even when the stomach isn't feeling hungry.
I just talked to James. He is in Port St Lucie and sounding very tired. It is always hard to hear the exhaustion in his voice when he is so very far away. At least he is not alone and the long days of driving are over until it is time to come home. Yesterday was a long day for me too. It was just my normal Tuesday routine (Ladies' prayer and a few groceries) but it seemed a long and tiring day. I was up very early and went to sleep twice during the day. Today was better and I think I can really get something accomplished tomorrow...

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a lot accomplished. I ran around a bit today, looking for a specific kind of pool raft the kids wanted, but can't find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I din't accomplish much of anything today. What you really need for your kids is an inflatable sled like the one that Nate just deflated the other day. It's Ben's and I was just thinking how great it would be in the pool thins summer since we didn't have enough snow to use it on this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one, and Dave just took it out yesterday. The problem is, is that it has a hole in it that needs to be fixed before we can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! THE END OF SCHOOL!!! :) We also celebrate a birthday this months... can you guess whose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I'm thinking it's Jessi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you didn't do your research this time! :) But the good thing is you've narrowed it down to 7 more guesses (Yup, I included Mango and Rocket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it's not Heather, it's not Brian, and it's not Jessi. I think your birthday is in September, I doubt you know when Rocket's birthday is since you said he was a stray, so, how about Brett?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good deductive reasoning!! :)

    ReplyDelete