Friday, May 05, 2006

Snippets from the Past

Yesterday's blog connections have gotten me thinking back to "the good old days" too. And no, they can't really be the "old" days yet because we aren't even close to being old. Being an adult (does that make me old?) is rather nice because no matter how much time passes ( and it hasn't been much, of course) we never forget our friends. When we run into each other, whether it's in the store or on the blog, it's as if there had never been a separation. The one exception is our kids. They have appeared in the time lapse and have no clue as to who this stranger is and why mom or dad is so excited to be talking to them. "How can you know someone we've never even seen before in our life?" Someday they will understand. Someday when they have kids who look at them, roll their eyes (not that my kids ever do that...) and say, "Can we go now?"

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Where did you get all those pictures? Talk about a blast from the past. I can't even remember all their names...but I remember the times. Hey! How come you didn't take any pics of me? Oh never mind...I'm glad you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, is that you next to Bro Jim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think most of them can be found. Shelly (Sperring) Morgan lives in Marion, I believe, Debbie in Leroy, Debbie (Fairbanks) is around here somewhere, I think I can find her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, Mark Liebenow, Shaun what's-his-name, and...
    Hey, this is almost like instant messanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have instant messanger. (James has been kind enough to put up with the blog.) I love having parties at my house, but we'll have to check with the boss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could be very fun. June 4-Jamie's college graduation ceremony in Bufalo, July 15-nephew getting married out on Long Island.

    Don't know what else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon, oh yeah! I remember him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie Mazza married Dave Joseph. I don't know where they live, but I could probably get a hold of her brother Joe...who attends Farmington United Methodist Church.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are crazy! It really is like instant messanger...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there some kind of "meeting" going on here? How about we get together and "talk" about this? (I've never had so much activity on my blog before. I'm not quite sure how to react. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS I had to leave the meting yesterday because it was time for me to go to Kids Club at church. (We had our year end picnic!) Thanks for taking notes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see Shelly all the time beacuse she goes to my church!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie Mazza and her husband live in Pittsford somewhere. They go to Koinania.(spelling??)
    Hey Jon, you forgot me in that list above!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're gone camping with friends the 1st weekend in August.

    ReplyDelete