Saturday, May 20, 2006

It'll All Come Out In the Wash... Maybe


The other day I decided it was time to wash the sheets on our bed and being the practical type that I am, also threw in several miscellaneous items; a few shirts, some underwear, socks, and my rose colored sweater. I hate to wash a small load when my machine is built to take an extra large one. This load was maybe medium sized, not too small but big enough to feel worthwhile. When I went to throw everything into the dryer, I discovered that my rose colored sweater was not quite colorfast. My boys are now the proud owners of a few pairs of slightly purplish socks and my bottom sheet, which is supposed to be cream colored, now has some funny tie-dye looking spots from being wrapped around the sweater. The worst part is that my favorite man now has light purple underwear. They were brand new and very white when they went into the washer and soaked up the color quite nicley. Oops! Lucky for me he doesn't seem to mind too much. Sorry, James!

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with purple underwear? You and him will be the only ones to see them anyway. Now, your boys probably really don't like their new purple socks, do they?
    Brrr...what happened to our nice weather? We're supposed to get a frost tonight, so I will need to bring in my hanging baskets and cover my newly planted annuals with an old sheet tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remember what Dr. Schutt's red underwear meant?

    ReplyDelete