Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Rather Nice Day

Today is a rather nice day. These are the kind of spring days that I love so much, sunshine, warm air, flowers, and everything fresh. Yesterday was also gorgeous. I took a ride out to Priscilla's house (all by myself!) to visit and sit on her front porch. We took a walk around the block and had some lunch at the Philly Steak place. Mmmmm, it was yummy. Priscilla walks often and can go at a pretty fast pace. My short fat little legs kept up with her okay but were getting tired very quickly. I didn't tell her lest I be considered old and wimpy. Us country folks don't get out to walking quite as much as the town folks do. Where would we go? My legs were tired and achy last night but it was a good kind of achy. I need to get out and walk much more than I do. Maybe I'll visit Rachel or Shelly next and go for a walk with one of them too.

7 comments:

  1. Actually, Jessi and I were thinking of inviting you to go on a picture taking hike sometime this week! How's Thursday or Friday sound? If it's really nice we could even do a picnic!

    BTW, country folk have apple orchards to hike in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, country folk have apple orchards to hike in, and they are really very nice, but they aren't a destination. When I lived in town I would often walk my errands; post office (I had a PO box for over 15 years), library, the school playground, sometimes the store, or just around the block. And BTW, I would love to go on a picture taking hike. Thursday is best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking is fun! Dave and I took Jake for a very long brisk walk tonight, so hopefully I burned lots of calories. Unfortunately I did break down and eat a Ho Ho when I got home. I love it when my legs are achy after a nice walk! Then you know you really did something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thursday it is! That's actually the better of the two days for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have short, fat legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget me! I like walks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There isn't much of a story. You used to draw cute dogs and cats. I was okay at drawing faces but wasn't quite sure what to do with the body. I just copied yours and I'm still doing it today. You might have taught me to draw pigs too, but I'm not sure on that one.

    ReplyDelete