Thursday, May 25, 2006

Take a Hike!




Never blog about your day's accomplishments until they are actually accomplished. Now that it is evening, I can tell you that in spite of the fact that I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, I did get something done. While it was still morning, Nate and I set out some of the vegetable plants that I bought last week. We made raised beds in the garden and put in our pepper plants. Later this afternoon, near supper time, we were able to get in some tomato plants, summer squash and zucchini, and cucumbers. It is looking good and I am hoping for a wonderful crop of veggies this summer.

Between gardening ventures, we headed out to Ellison Park for another hike with Shelly and Jessi. We found a few families of geese who weren't sure whether they liked us or not. They did, however, like our sugar cookies. We took a great hike on the rim of one of the bluffs on the northern edge of the park. The kids love to run on ahead of us and prove how much younger, more agile and better shape they are in than we. The truth is that we are just too busy taking pictures to run. The kids had fun and so did we.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very nice day! I worked for 3 hours and then went to Sea Breeze with Michael's class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun day. I cleaned a house...but it wasn't mine so I actually got paid.

    Later I took Allen to his soccer practice and sat in the car reading a novel while he ran around on a field with a bunch of other boys...chasing a black and white ball and getting sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fun day! So that's why you weren't answering the fun when I called...

    I, on the other hand, worked all day.

    ReplyDelete