Thursday, May 11, 2006

Coffee Break


Everyone needs time for a little rest and relaxation. Today the sun is gone away and the clouds have rolled in. Although I much prefer the sunshine, there is also a special kind of beauty in the overcast sky and a gentle wind and rain. I often have to remind myself that God made me waterproof and the rain is to be enjoyed as well as the sun. Rain, in the Bible, always represented a blessing. We need the rain as much as we need the sun and too much of either one can be detrimental. Without the rain, everything shrivels up and dies. Without the sun, plants cannot grow and we also become lethargic. We need a good balance of sunshine and rain. So, enjoy the rain and look forward to more sunshine down the road. In the meantime, put on your raincoat, find a little kid, and go outside and stomp in the puddles!

2 comments:

  1. Will you stomp in the puddles with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to. When? Maybe we could have a puddle stompin' party!

    ReplyDelete