Monday, May 15, 2006

Bee-ing Busy


Today I have been busy with laundry (washed, dried, and folded three loads), cleaning the upstairs bathroom (I actually washed the floor!), and gardening (I planted the flowers I bought on Saturday). It feels like I got something accomplished and yet there are so many tings left that I need to do. My third quarter reports have yet to be done, school is getting lost again in "real" life, and the vegetable garden is also calling... After supper tonight I have a VBS meeting at church and then my day will come to a close. I'm sure I will be tired and ready to crawl into bed.

The Apple Blossom Festival is this week. When we lived in town there was no escaping the noise and excitement, but here, away from the crowds, we actually get to enjoy the real Apple Blossom Festival. The orchards are gorgeous! The Lilac Festival is also happening and the air is filled with the scent of blooming lilacs. The is nothing like it. They smell so fresh and pretty that every time I walk outside, I want to stick my nose into the flowers and take a deep breath. Mmmmm... The bees are finding them irresistable too.

6 comments:

  1. I want a lilac bush, they do smell and look gorgeous right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to plant the flowers I bought on Friday.. hopefully tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't bought flowers yet. I like the smell of lilacs...but they make me sneeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May is a month of violent sneezing. Cottonwood makes me sneeze.

    ReplyDelete