Thursday, May 04, 2006

Drawing a Blank


Here I sit, trying to write something of even just a little value, but the bank seems to be empty. Is there a light on in my attic or did somebody turn it off? Oh well, such is the blogging adventure, eh?

It was another simply sunny day, at least that is how it started off; warm, sunny, and feeling almost like summer, a simply yummy kind of day! We went with Shelly and Jessi on a picture taking hike, first to the bay to watch and feed the birds, ducks, geese, swans, and seagulls. what a bunch of birds! It was just about lunchtime when we left home so next we headed for the park and had a picnic lunch, the first one of the year! What fun, eh? The kids were eager to take a hike so off we went... down the deadly hill that looked more like a cliff to Shelly and I, along the water's edge, and back up the hill to the safety of the van when it started to sprinkle. It was quite a while later when I realized that my reading glasses were missing. Where I lost them I have no idea. I am supposing that I set them on a log or hung them in a tree in order to have a free hand and then walked off without them. We retraced our steps but with no luck finding the lost spectacles. Such is life, you buy some, you lose some. (Isn't that how it goes?) Good thing for relatively cheap reading glasses at Eckerd's. Now I can see again. :)

4 comments:

  1. Uh-oh. You lost your glasses? That's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! Except for losing your glasses of course... And I guess I could do without the 'deadly hill'. YIKES! It was soooo slippery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you have reading glasses while hiking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question, Priscilla! I took my glasses out while we were having our picnic. I wanted them when I was looking at my pictures. I just never put them away afterward and then, bingo, they were gone.

    ReplyDelete