Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Treasures

I kept myself busy again today (or yesterday, since I wrote this last night...); had an appointment in the morning, lunch with my daughter and one v-e-r-y long game of UNO with Josh and Raul, an afternoon ride to the Port of Rochester with my sister, a stop at my son's apartment, and my support group meeting this evening. (No wonder I'm tired.)

It's only here for another day. The Spanish galleon "El Galeon." I was pretty sure Jack Sparrow was hiding somewhere on board. Please forgive another rash of photos.










Somehow or other, my Dad passed his love of ships on to me. It happened several years ago when we chanced to be in Oswego, NY at Fort Ontario when a clipper ship came sailing into the harbor. My dad had died the previous September and, if I was the superstitious sort, I'd have thought he was sending me a gift. I've often found myself wishing we could have toured the boats together because he loved them so much. Can you stand another Dad drawing?


Linking up with Tuesday"s Treasure at Tom's

10 comments:

  1. That's a great drawing from your dad! What a beautiful ship. Glad you shared all the photos of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ellen b. Dad had the most wonderful imagination!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Way cool! I've always wanted to sail on one of those. I'd settle for just being able to see one. So glad you posted your photos. They were great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished to sail on this one too. Several years ago we took a 2-hour day sail on The Pride of Baltimore. So cool! (I fell in love.)
      :0)

      Delete
  3. What a great photo shoot. You have such interesting places to visit. I really need to come and see you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad these ships don't come in every month! And yes, you do need to come see me. We could surely find something wonderful to do and see. (Like Linda, maybe.)
      :0)

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! I have never been on one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've become hard for me to resist. It was $10 to tour the vessel. A lot and not a lot both at the same time. I figure it's worth the investment.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. How neat, but I missed it! Perhaps next time. Thanks Martha for sharing particularly your Dad's drawings. Enjoy this nice hot weather...stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll catch the next one, Tom. Yes, that drawing is a favorite. Dad was a great one for reading us stories and he would have made a great illustrator (as long as the story didn't involve people or animals...)
      Staying cool so far.
      :0)

      Delete