Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Barn Collective

On my way out to Chimney Bluffs yesterday I passed several barns but only stopped to take a picture of one. Looks like his corn will be "knee-high by the fourth of July." Sure hope we get some rain soon.

Sweet corn is a summer delicacy enjoyed by most locals. I've ordered corn on the cob in other places only to be disappointed by it's lack of sweetness and flavor. I'm rarely disappointed in our local corn stand. They grow the best. Can't wait for it to be available.

8 comments:

  1. I believe that I have seen this barn before. On my way home from church this morning I saw corn rolling up because of the dry condition...please send us some rain! Thanks Martha for sharing this week and please hurry back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is on Ridge Rd just before you get to the bridge over Sodus Bay.

      Delete
  2. Great barn pic plus the corn. Here in Western Kentucky, our corn is already head-high. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Judy! This corn is too. Not sure if it's sweet corn or field corn, but it's knee high.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Good barn photo! There's nothing better than fresh sweet corn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great looking barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all's corn is really up. It is so pretty...and that white barn. It is a beauty. The shape of its roof is one of my favorites. Hope you have a lovely week. genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure is a nice barn...reminds me of some I see around here.

    ReplyDelete