Thursday, June 30, 2016

Another Day in the Life

I had a bit of a shock when I woke up and looked at the clock this morning. "9:20 am" I never sleep that late. I hopped out of bed, jumped into the shower, and when I came downstairs found that my lovely daughter in law had left a gift on my kitchen table. There wasn't a note or a card, just three items left for me to discover. It had "My favorite Leta" written all over it.

Although the day started off slow and I feared I'd get little to nothing accomplished, at the end of the day I feel alright about it. I ran the dishwasher, made a visit to my son and grandkids in town, took a short nap before the other three grandkids came for a couple hours, folded the laundry (a day late), and cleaned the kitchen. Not too shabby.

Yesterday I took my camera down to the chicken coop. A few of the hens were doing acrobatics, but of course, they were camera shy and didn't pose for me when I brought it out. I did, however, catch a few nice shots of that crazy rooster.

My Minnesota son will be here in just another couple of days. I am looking very much forward to wrapping my arms around him for a long hug. They haven't been home since Hannah and Sergio's wedding last September and my little grandson is growing up without me there to watch. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be allowed.


8 comments:

  1. have a great family weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you could sleep in for a change. It's been VBS week at our church, and after getting home this afternoon I lay down for a nap that ended up being several hours!
    Loving your kitchen--we have similar tastes!
    Agreed--too much time between grandchild visits just isn't right. Looking forward to seeing two of mine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've had naps like that!
      The kitchen is coming along very nicely. It's a fun project now.
      and that little guy will be here soon. Can't wait!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. It is illegal, how can the village raise a child if the child is (1000?) Miles away. Happy note..skype em'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should Skype 'em more often, but they'll be here in the driveway sometime today. That'll be even better!
      :0)

      Delete
  4. It is illegal, how can the village raise a child if the child is (1000?) Miles away. Happy note..skype em'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's illegal!!! I heard you the first time.
      :0)

      Delete