Thursday, June 09, 2016

Kitchen Pot Pie

Those chickens make me smile. (How is that even possible?) I went down to the coop late tonight. It was dusk and the chickens had already put themselves away for the night. They were all "upstairs in bed," but they heard me come around the corner of the barn and out they came, one by one. They were more than pleased to see me put some feed in their dish and drop a few bread crumbs on the floor.

I had three grandkids today. Maybe next week we'll go on an adventure, but today it was cold, the wind relentless, and the air full of pollen. I opted to stay home and attempt to clear some of my kitchen stuff out of Mom's room and find a home for it in the cupboards. I put a lot of stuff away and have a ton of stuff left. I'm beginning to think it multiplied while I wasn't looking. Yup, I'm pretty sure.

I'm working on the blue and white dishes. Hid the mismatched stuff in a cabinet with a solid door. The Cornflower Corningware has been in my possession for years. It matches and so it goes in the glass cabinet for now. Here and there I've picked up some plates and dishes, and a cup or two, and, believe it or not, I already have 3 or 4 planters, blue and white, that are sporting greenery. Maybe one day they'll find a permanent home on a shelf or the corner of my counter.

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have a dishwasher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a dishwasher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's one fine looking kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! I was noticing the dishwasher too. I've never had one before.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it a little more each day.
      :0)

      Delete