Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No Two Days Alike

Today was very different from yesterday, with the exception of still feeling totally tired. I am afraid to watch television for fear I will be "out like a light" in five minutes. I don't want to fall asleep on the couch, but neither do I wish to climb into my bed, sleep for an hour, and then stay awake for the rest of the night. So, I am waiting it out with toothpicks holding my eyelids open. It's almost 8 o'clock. If I can make until 9:30 pm, I will be happy to brush my teeth and slide myself under the covers. Maybe tomorrow will find me feeling more alert. Then again, maybe I won't be fully charged again until my allergies calm down.


Tomorrow will be a clean-the-house-because-it's-been-neglected-far-too-long kind of day. We'll have two little ones to keep and eye on, and we're expecting some rain and thunderstorms, so it might be a good day to stay inside and play catch up with housework. Maybe I'll even bake something. You never know, it could happen. And maybe I'll find the time to take an afternoon nap when the little girls settle down for an hour or so.

The yard, aside from the far east and far west sides, is looking pretty good. By the time it stops raining in a few days, we'll be ready to start mowing all over again. Maybe if we could get all of our lawn mowers going at once, along with a weed whacker, we could actually get it all done at once. Didn't I tell you I like to dream? :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying seeing little peeks of where you live. I love the barn and that huge old lilac!
    Tomorrow sounds like a fun day and if you get to go to bed early tonight, you'll feel awake enough to enjoy it! ha. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lilac bush was really old when we moved her 12 years ago. Then we had an ice storm and it went down in every direction, all broken. We trimmed it back and all the growth is since then. It's one of my favorite bushes.

    I'm going to bed at nine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Betsy...
    I am also enjoying seeing your "estate"...
    That pic of the blue flower is lovely...
    I am also very tired lately Martha...
    My "get up and go"..."got up and went"...
    I am sure I will pull it all together though...
    Lots of people depend on me for so many things!
    And...
    I wouldn't have it any other way...
    Have a great sleep...you earned it!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I look around and think, "I've already taken a picture of that..." but then I remember that it was last year (or the year before) and so I take another. :)

      Yes, Linda, people depending on us keeps us moving. And coffee helps. ;)

      Delete
  4. When I was a kide and we had an 'all day house cleaning' we would put on the band album "Sound Off" with Sousa marches and parade around the house with dust cloths, and then get to it. The music helped to pep us up on a rainy day.

    Later on, with small kids, merely the threat of singing the Barney "Clean Up" song was sufficient to encourage them to pick up!"

    Your lilac is beautiful. Some say that the lilacs were planted to hide the outhouse for homes that had them "back in the day".

    The scent of the lilacs in our yard is nearly intoxicating this week. Brought some into the house, not a good idea for those with allergies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ondra, my mom used to have us play a game called "The Queen is Coming". That got us deep cleaning the house. I think we took it even a little farther than she expected.

      Hiding the outhouse with a lilac bush sounds like a good idea.

      Delete